St Charles Chiropractic Clinic Describes Stretching
Stretching and Chiropractic Treatment
Chiropractic treatment from our team at our St Charles chiropractic office often includes advice on stretching and movements that can help increase blood flow. Stretching is free and can be done practically anywhere at any time. Stretching requires no special equipment, is low impact, and an important tool in your wellness regimen. Stretching keeps muscles and joints relaxed, mobile, and feeling well.
Before you start
A stiff and inflexible back limits your body’s full range of motion and can make everyday activities daunting, uncomfortable, more challenging - and at worst - extremely painful. Your chiropractor’s stretching exercises are designed to complement and work out your spine. A strong spine increases elasticity through your whole core.
Focus on relaxing the muscle
Try maintaining a calm and relaxed state of mind as you stretch. A calm and relaxed connection between your brain and your body is imperative to gain the maximum benefit from your treatment. It can be the trickiest part of any stretching, but the benefits are well worth it.
Listen to your chiropractor and stretch as many times as they suggest. Start out slowly and gradually, but stay the course. With consistent and mindful stretching you’ll feel better in no time.
Two basic back stretches to try
These are common stretches prescribed by St Charles chiropractors to ease back pain. Always consult with your chiropractor before attempting any of these exercises.
Hip Flexor Stretch
- Kneel on right knee and place left foot flat on the floor
- Keep your torso upright and rest your hands on your hips
- Push your hips forward as far as you can (no pain)
- Hold stretch in the front of your right hip. For 30 seconds
- Switch leg positions and repeat
- Lie flat on back with knees bent,
- Keep feet flat on floor (hip-width apart)
- Keep both arms extended by sides, palms facing down
- Lift pelvis off the floor and press hips as high as possible (no pain)
- Squeeze buttocks and hold for 1 count
- Slowly release hips back down to the floor 8 times slowly
To complement any stretching some low impact aerobic activity can also be added to your routine. Ask our team at Fox Valley Chiropractic Physicians for more information.
6:30am - 11:00am
4:00pm - 6:00pm
6:30am - 11:00am
3:00pm - 6:00pm
6:30am - 12:00pm